Sunday, March 6, 2011

Educational Games

1. What makes a game a game?
A game is a competitive activity involving skill, chance, or endurance with one or more persons playing with the ultimate goal to win.
2. Is there such a thing as an educational game?
Yes, according to the article written by Prensky there are educational games.
3. What kinds of games are there? (genres)
Computer games, Video games, Educational Games, Board games
4. Can games be educational?
Yes I believe that games can be educational if you learn a concept from them and they help you to become more intelligent. 

1 comment:

  1. Anna
    I agree with you as well that games can be educational. I play flashcard review games before a test and my students love it. The game reinforces learning and the students like the competitiveness. Jeopardy is my favorite game to play during final exams. As a teacher, I even enjoy the excitement.

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete